How to manage
Windows NT and Windows 2000 eventlog ?
WDumpEvt is an administration tool that makes it easier to take advantage of the Windows NT/Windows 2000 logs.
Choose to gather information from the local machine or any Windows NT/Windows 2000 PC on the
network through a simple browse command that lets you point to any available
logs of a computer. Just launch the program on an NT machine and choose what
you want to view or report on.
- Ask for system, security, or application log information, then choose a
source,a category, an event, a type or all.
- View and print the list of events, user, failure or
ras sessions, or print jobs.
- Dump the data to a file in ASCII-delimited format for importing into a
database or spreadsheet, or choose HTML format for an easy-to-read display. The
resulting file can contain information such as type, number, and category of
the event, plus computer name, date, user, description. .
- Dump all the data or just the data from the last dump.
- Erase or/and save the data in the eventlogs.
- Schedule all these actions thanks to the LogSched service to have regular
save, erase or dump.
- Retrieve properties about eventlog files : events number, begin and end
date, file size ....
New in this version :
- Dump of the user sessions, failure sessions, RAS sessions and printing jobs directly and with the service.
- New output format for the dump: CSV format.
- New option for the dump: Overwrite an existing file.
- Choice of the starting login for the service.
- Drag and drop of the .evt and .act files.
- Update of the command line tools.
If you are a registered user, you should have received this tools by email. Contact me if you didn't receive yet.
Try it now :
Click here to download
Mailing list :
If you want to receive announcements of WDumpEvt releases, subscribe to the WDumpEvt mailing list
You can use it free of charge only for 30 days evaluation period before